Tomorrow he has two appointments, one is to FINALLY get to occipital block injections. These have been put off for so long I'm glad it's finally happening tomorrow. He also has an appointment for a deep tissue message thanks to the Care Coalition. Word on the street is that I can get one too, he'll have to look into that because I could use it. I hope these help him, his headaches are bad again and if the persist his evil twin will show up and start fighting with me.
A friend posted on facebook about her husband's sleep study showing sleep apnea so I did a little research and realized that Doc should probably have a sleep study done as well, a lot of his TBI symptoms can also be sleep apnea symptoms (I've only included the symptoms that Doc has):
- Waking with an unrefreshed feeling after sleep, having problems with memory and concentration, feeling tired, and experiencing personality changes.
- Morning or night headaches. About half of all people with sleep apnea report headaches.
- Heartburn or a sour taste in the mouth at night.
- Sweating and chest pain while you are sleeping.
- Loud snoring. Almost all people who have sleep apnea snore, but not all people who snore have sleep apnea.
- Restless tossing and turning during sleep.
- Nighttime choking or gasping spells.
I don't know if he stops breathing in his sleep, I've never thought to check. I don't want more things to be wrong with Doc, I'm not fishing for more things to be wrong but usually with a diagnosis there are treatments. That's all I want, treatmentbgt5. Other than his appointments tomorrow Doc is not in treatment for his TBI. It's like they've given up on him. If sleeping with a mask on will help some of these symptoms bring it on!